Dark Chocolate Truffles are perfect as an after dinner treat, or for when your friends pop around for a cup of tea. They are even a perfect gift for the avid chocolate fan.
They are simple to make, but you can get really creative on the gift delivery method. I have made my own wrappers and put them in a box, to create a super classy treat for friends.
These truffles can be made in advance and will last up to a week or so in the fridge.
- 350g dark chocolate pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups thickened cream
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Cacao powder
- Place the dark chocolate pieces into a bowl with the coconut oil.
- In a small sauce pan over high heat bring the cream to a simmer. Once simmering reduce heat to medium and allow to infuse 5 minutes, then pour over the chocolate and coconut oil. Stir until combined, add the salt and mix until smooth.
- Place a piece of baking paper on the top of the chocolate to prevent a film from forming. Allow to come to room temperature. Once cooled to room temperature place the bowl in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Once set, remove the bowl and allow the chocolate to come back to room temperature for a few minutes. This will make it easier to scoop. Using a teaspoon scoop out little balls of chocolate and using your hands to shape them into a ball. Dust with cacao powder, and arrange on a tray or container with extra cacao powder.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.